Preparing for an HMO Mortgage Application
To prepare you for your HMO mortgage application, here is a typical list of the documentation we will ask for before proceeding:
- Application form or ‘Fact Find’. This document gives the lender vital info about the applicants. If this is a limited company application, the director’s details will be required.
- Passport (for proof of ID).
- Driving licence (for proof of ID).
- Recent utility bill (for proof of home address. If you have lived at your current address under three years and are not on the electoral roll, previous proof of address history could be needed).
- Latest three months payslips and latest P60 if employed (for proof of income).
- Latest 2 – 3 years SA302 with tax overview form if self-employed (for proof of income).
- Latest three months’ bank statements for all accounts held (to show how you conduct your banking and control income and expenditure).
- Proof of deposit (if from savings, up to 12 months statements could be asked for to show a build-up of funds). Any lender will need to be clear as to where the deposit has come from.
- If the deposit is a gift from a relative, a gifted deposit letter signed by that relative will be required.
- Details of the HMO license.
- Tenancy agreements or leases if available.
- Current property portfolio schedule (to demonstrate your property lettings experience).
- Credit report (if you feel you may have adverse credit it is worth sending your broker a credit report).
If you can’t provide any of the documents above, please tell your ABC Finance Ltd advisor upfront and we will take this into account when sourcing a mortgage for you.